CHEESEMAKER Farmhouse Cheddar Cheese Making Kit
Make a full wheel of cheddar using this easy to follow recipe and fully equipped kit. There's enough ingredients to make 10 full batches! (1 Batch = 1 Pound of cheese!). You can age your cheddar in the fridge using the coating provided to create a mild, medium or old cheese. Additionally, you can infuse your cheese however you’d like! Try Jalapenos, Herb & Garlic, Whiskey, Beer, Wine or Liquid Smoke. All you have to do is choose your own milk! The kit comes with a fitted mold and pressing lid.
There is no press with the Cheddar, You need to provide the weights for pressing.
Hands-On time: 3-4 Hours
Total time from start to finish: 2-3 days
THIS KIT INCLUDES
- Milk Thermometer
- Cheese Mold (for Shaping your Cheese)
- Follower (Lid) for Pressing your Cheese
- Microbial (Vegetarian) Rennet
- Bacterial Culture (MA 11 Culture)
- Calcium Chloride
- Fine Salt (for Salting & Brining)
- Recipe Booklet (With helpful hints and Pictures)
- Hard Wax Coating & Soft Brush (for Waxing & Aging your Cheese)
- Wire (for cutting the cheese)
Lasts up to 2 years. For maximum shelf life, bacterial culture must be stored in the freezer. Calcium Chloride in a dark, cool place, such as a fridge. Coating at room temperature as it is frost sensitive. Rennet will last 3 years at room temperature and 5 years in the freezer.